Texas Community College Transfer Agreements

For students inquiring about transfer opportunities, please contact transfer.advisor@ctcd.edu or (254) 526-1667. In high school, you are attached to a particular university track and you go directly from high school to a university where you graduate. Many colleges do not accept credits for courses when a student has earned a „D“ or „F“. Below is a list of four-year institutions with links and instructions to help students plan their transfer to a four-year degree. This is not an exhaustive list of all potential transfer objectives. University-specific information, including transfer guides, 2+2 agreements, course equivalencies, and basic curriculum information, is published where it is available. On the university`s website you will always find the most accurate and up-to-date information. Explore transfer agreements by source or destination. Choose and follow one to save tuition, fees, and time to some extent.

Keep in mind that the law (TAC 19 § 4.28) provides for a guaranteed acceptance of transfer credits for texas core full transcripts, while private and non-Texas universities do not guarantee the same agreement. Grades are not transferred, only credits. Even if you do a „D“ or an „F“ in a course, the new university or university still accepts your credit. These courses are similar in many higher education institutions and meet the requirements of general education for many degrees. General picture courses often include courses in basic English, history, natural sciences, mathematics and other subjects. There are currently articulation agreements with the institutions listed below. In addition, the TCCNS matrix offers course equivalencies among many Texas institutions. If you are a good planner and have received information about transferring credits in advance (both from the new university or university and from your current college or university), you will lose little or no credits in the transfer process. If you leave your school (private technical or vocational school), you should contact your new college for information on transferring credits to your new school. Credits for development courses (sometimes referred to as „promotion courses“) are transferred in the same way as credits for general university courses. Are you trying to transfer credits? You`re not alone. Today`s academic world is very different from what it was 20 years ago.

Students like you are no longer expected to go straight from high school to university. Many go to community university after the baccalaureate. When plans, goals and circumstances change, students make decisions to go back and forth between different institutions and different types of schools. Some of the most frequent transfers are between universities, from community colleges to university, from one community college to another, and from a technical school or vocational training program to a community college or university. For institutions that would like more information, please contact articulation.agreements@ctcd.edu. 2 Plus 2 articulations are agreements between Central Texas College and governing institutions that allow CTC students to „bind“ to a 4-year degree when they register with CTC. Students are guaranteed that every course they take at CTC will be transferred to the senior institution and that graduation requirements will not change once their 2 Plus 2 graduation plans have been signed.. .

. .